We need your gifts at ERDO!
Do you have a passion for Christian humanitarian ministry and want to be part of incredible life-transforming work?
ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Overseas) is a registered Canadian charity that serves as the humanitarian agency of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC). We work in over 30 countries worldwide providing child sponsorship, responding to crises and developing communities. We work with the world’s poorest people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Digital Communications Officer
Position: Digital Communications Officer
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Officer
Position Term: Full-Time Permanent Primary Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Workplace
About the Role
The Digital Communications Officer will design and implement a digital communications plan using social media platforms to promote a positive image of ERDO, support internal brand compliance, and solicit support for ERDO. This plan will include social media management and the delivery of social media communication needs for all departments of ERDO, including International Programs, Resource Development, and Executive Leadership. This candidate hired will work independently and in a team environment to support ongoing campaigns, appeals, and emerging world crises with social media content tie-ins.
Social Media Management (30%):
- Creates and implements a cohesive and comprehensive social media strategy to support departmental goals for fundraising, communications, public engagement, and supporter relations.
- Mines information from a variety of sources for social content, including: written proposals and reports, newsletters, emails, partner websites and social media accounts, and through interdepartmental conversations with Program Officers.
- Implements digital advertising on programs, appeals, and campaigns, maintaining prescribed monthly budgets for ERDO’s ad spend.
Communications & Content Creation (40%):
- Designs and produces compelling social media content across various social platforms to engage key stakeholders and new audiences. Uses social media to report on ongoing projects, give donor updates, and creatively tell the story of ERDO.
- Creates and coordinates the production of digital assets, including: short reels, graphics and other visual content for use on social media and to be shared with our partners and Canadian churches.
- Creates website “blog” content with social media tie-ins for increased engagement through ERDO’s website.
- Participates in the creation, planning and execution of digital fundraising appeals and public engagement campaign materials for social media tie-ins.
Digital Engagement (15%):
- Monitors social media accounts for opportunities for public engagement, responds to inquiries, and moderates comments.
- Creates and implements plans to engage or re-engage Canadian PAOC and non-PAOC churches through social media, specifically targeting church ministries engaged in missions or humanitarian work and advocacy.
Strategic Growth (15%):
- Defines and monitors KPIs in order to increase digital engagement, and evaluates current and future social media strategies.
- Produces quarterly detailed reports on social media results and campaigns.
- Stays current with social media trends, best practices and technologies in order to convey ERDO’s work to a younger audience.
- Experience executing digital communications and social media plans Strong writing and editing skills
- A high capacity for content generation Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and inDesign Familiarity with Canva or similar
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy Interest in relief and development work
- Able to create content for a Christian audience
- Must identify with and support the underlying mission, vision, and values of ERDO
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in social media, communications or a related field.
- At least two years in a similar role with an emphasis on social media, marketing, and content generation, including copy and graphics. High level of proficiency in Adobe tools, including Photoshop and inDesign.
How to Apply For This Role
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letterto firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line – Digital Communications Officer. In your cover letter,please explain how your application aligns with ERDO’s
mission, vision, and values. Please email your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .docx file.
ClosingDate: August 18, 2023
We thank all applicants and look forward to hearing from you!
ERDO offers competitive pay, vacation, and benefits. We also match pension contributions. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone
ERDO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At this time we don’t have any other open positions, but if you would like to have your resume on file with us, please send it to HR@erdo.ca and indicate in the subject line of your message what type of position you are looking for. These areas indicate the types of work we are involved in:
- Church Relations
- Customer Care
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Public Engagement
Thank you for your interest in ERDO and working with our team.