We need your gifts at ERDO!
Do you have a passion for Christian humanitarian ministry and want to be part of incredible life-transforming work?
ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Overseas) is a registered Canadian charity that serves as the humanitarian agency of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC). We work in over 30 countries worldwide providing child sponsorship, responding to crises and developing communities.
We work with the world’s poorest people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
The Program Officer is a full-time permanent position which serves as part of the international programs team in ERDO’s corporate office. The contract is planned to commence in June 2023.
The Program Officer provides guidance and effective oversight to a portfolio of ERDO’s programs, specifically in the area of Crisis Response programs. He/she assists program partners with the design and planning of programs and responses, development of proposals, tracking of project implementation, monitoring and evaluation of results, and preparation of reports.
The Program Officer reviews plans and proposals to ensure their alignment with the ERDO International Programs Framework and international best practices, and oversees implementation, achievement of expected outcomes and budgetary requirements through timely monitoring and reporting and active correspondence with partners. The role also includes management of Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) food assistance programs and facilitation of partner capacity development trainings.
International Crisis Response
- Working alongside international program partners and PAOC global workers in managing the portfolio of ERDO’s Crisis Response programs
- Support program partners in design and planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting
- Timely review of new crisis response applications and implementation of newly approved programs
- Proactive correspondence and engagement with international partners and PAOC global workers to provide guidance and support to on-going programs and contribute to the capacity development of partners
- Active and timely monitoring of crisis response programs to ensure effectiveness of programs, alignment with best practices and standards, and compliance with programming policies
- Development and implementation of reporting tools and management, analysis and compilation of program data and consolidated reports from crisis response programs using a variety of data management and reporting tools (e.g. SmartSheet, SurveyMonkey, Jot Form, internal templates and online platforms, etc.)
- Develop and facilitate regional and global platforms for enhanced communication, peer support, and opportunities for learning and sharing between ERDO and partners
- Monitoring trips to crisis response program locations, requires international travel
Domestic Crisis Response
- Building relationships and development network with relevant PAOC district and local church leadership and other domestic stakeholders
- In collaboration with CEO, Director of International Programs and key PAOC stakeholder, develop framework and procedures for domestic crisis response programs
- Actively monitor developing and sudden onset crises together with PAOC districts and local churches
- Timely review of domestic crisis response proposals and implementation of new approved responses
- Manage a portfolio of domestic crisis response programs, in partnership with PAOC districts and local churches
- Provide implementing partners with support in design and planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on crisis response initiatives
- Active and timely monitoring of programs to ensure effectiveness of programs, alignment with humanitarian best practices and standards, and compliance with programming practices and policies
- Management, analysis and compilation of program data and reports using a variety of data management and reporting tools (e.g. SmartSheet, Magpi, internal templates and online platforms, etc.)
- Proactive correspondence and engagement with local partners (PAOC districts and local churches) to provide guidance and support to on-going crises responses and contribute to the capacity development of partners
Fundraising and Communication Updates
- Provide regular programming updates, information and reports to ERDO board, donors, staff, and other stakeholders regarding activities in program portfolio
- Ensure the collection, compilation, organization and archiving of data and reports
- Active cooperation relevant finance and resource development staff regarding communication and finances related to CCP programs
- Support the preparation of donor appeals and respond to donor correspondence as needed
Professional Development and Networking
- Active participation in relevant trainings, workshops online webinars and other learning opportunities to increase and update understanding, and skills related to child development and safeguarding, community development, crisis response, and program management.
- Regular attendance at Humanitarian Response Network (HRN), Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB), and Global Pentecostal Relief and Development Partners meetings, working groups, trainings, and workshops
- Active independent reading and research of relevant literature, news, and reports
- University degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar role or other notable relevant work experience
- Understanding of principles, policies and trends within the humanitarian aid sector
- Understanding of results-based management
- Demonstrated computer skills and aptitude; fully conversant with the Microsoft suite of programs and online communication tools
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make quality decisions within the scope of authority
- Ability to take initiative, and manage multiple activities with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to develop and implement improvements in work processes
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, unpredictable circumstances, and occasionally hectic work environments
- Experience working effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable good working relationships with all areas of the organization
- Ability and willingness for international travel; travel into program countries is required.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of ERDO
- Understanding of principles, policies and trends of child sponsorship development, and advocacy
- Field experience working with community development or crisis response programs
- Other prior experience working in cross-cultural contexts
- Skills in cross-cultural communication and working with remote teams
- Experience of results-based management in context of crisis response or community development programs
- Prior experience with relevant data management tools and programs
- Command of a language relevant to ERDO’s programming portfolio (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic or Swahili)
- Understanding of or experience with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada fellowship
ERDO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please make your application by April 16th, 2023.