We need your gifts at ERDO!
Do you have a passion for Christian humanitarian ministry and want to be part of incredible life-transforming work?
ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Overseas) is a registered Canadian charity that serves as the humanitarian agency of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC). We work in over 30 countries worldwide providing child sponsorship, responding to crises and developing communities.
We work with the world’s poorest people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Position: Area Manager – Ontario
Reports to: Director of Resource Development
Position Term: Full Time Permanent
Workplace Type: Remote – Ontario – GTA/Golden Horseshoe Area
Start Date: January 2023, or when a suitable candidate is found
The Area Manager works from a home base or ERDO’s Mississauga Ontario office, with frequent travel to meet with churches and major donors in Ontario. The position emphasizes building and stewarding supporter relationships to create new and additional sources of revenue to fuel the vision of serving people afflicted by hunger, poverty and injustice. As the position is also required to represent ERDO during Sunday church services or to specialized church or other groups, some weekend or evening work, and overnight travel is required.
- Calling and meeting with PAOC pastors to present opportunities to give, with a special emphasis on ChildCARE Plus child sponsorship and key campaigns
- Stewarding existing supporting churches to sustain and grow income
- Presenting opportunities to support ERDO at strategic PAOC venues including District Conferences and Youth events
- Stewarding a cluster of individual middle and large gift donors to increase touchpoints and future giving
- Tracking and reporting all interactions and future actions in a timely manner using Raiser’s Edge NXT software
- Creating a structured approach to meet personal, team and organizational fundraising objectives and key results
- Motivating high-capacity volunteers to assist in church-based fundraising activities and moving them into a stewardship cycle.
- A Christian who produces theologically sound communications and is highly experienced in presenting to church audiences
- Experience fundraising and meeting or exceeding financial goals
- Comfort with and confidence in cold calling churches and engaging with all levels of church staff
- Credentials in the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada or a demonstrated high level of engagement as a long-standing member of a PAOC church.
- Demonstrated writing and relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience using database systems for donor research and account management
- University degree
- Access to own reliable vehicle, and willingness to use it for travel to meetings (mileage is compensated for business use).
- Flexibility with weekly schedule which will include some evening and weekend work.
- Previous experience with a Christian humanitarian organization performing a similar role in moves management
- CFRE certification
- A passionate calling to serve at ERDO
- Understanding of/experience within The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada fellowship
- Bilingualism (French)
- Familiarity with relief and development activities and principles of social justice.
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and resume to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview. No phone calls please.
Please make your application before December 2, 2022.